Self-Regulation Interventions and Strategies (Paperback)
Keeping the Body, Mind and Emotions on Task in Children with Autism, ADHD or Sensory Disorders
Pesi Publishing & Media, 9781936128778, 196pp.
Publication Date: February 1, 2014
* Basic and advanced methods to calm a child and to preventing outbursts and melt-downs
* Interventions to help with attention problems, impulse control, distractibility and the ability to sit still
* Stories and video-modeling for autism, along with techniques to quell repetitive behaviors
* Sensory strategies for sensitivity and craving
* Behavioral and sensory approaches to picky eating
* Ways to increase organization skills using technology and apps
* Strategies for managing strong emotions as well as techniques for releasing them.