Overcoming Compassion Fatigue (Paperback)
A Practical Resilience Workbook
Pesi Publishing & Media, 9781937661441, 139pp.
Publication Date: October 1, 2014
Overcoming Compassion Fatigue is a fresh workbook approach to effectively handle the inherent exhaustion, burnout and stress professionals naturally face when working with those in pain and distress.
Written by two practicing clinicians experienced in compassion fatigue and CBT, this manual will equip you with practical tools to manage your work and minimize your risk of personal harm. Expertly weaved with personal experiences, assessment tools, proven interventions, and prevention strategies.
You'll take away:
* Self-assessment measures to determine your level of risk
* CBT skills to overcome distress
* Worksheets and exercises to equip you to make powerful changes
* Strategies to change your workplace
* Practical, personalized self-care planning tools