Rocket Fuel (Paperback)
Power-Packed Food for Sports and Adventure
VeloPress, 9781937715465, 256pp.
Publication Date: May 1, 2016
In Rocket Fuel, award-winning dietitian Matt Kadey offers up delicious, creative, and convenient real-food recipes to power your everyday exercise and weekend adventures.
Kadey's ingenious Rocket Fuel foods--like easy-to-make muffins, bars, pies, bites, gels, smoothies, balls, wraps, and cookies--will inspire how you fuel for your favorite sports. Since studies show that real food works just as well as processed sports food products, you'll enjoy a huge variety of flavors and a healthier, more nutritious performance fuel that's free of artificial stuff and high price tags. Kadey's DIY performance foods include dozens of new flavors and innovative forms that ensure you'll always look forward to your next exercise snack.
Rocket Fuel is more than a cookbook of easy, healthy recipes. Kadey simplifies the rocket science of sports nutrition into easy-to-follow guidelines that will work for anyone in any sport or activity. Rocket Fuel foods are grouped into Before, During, and After Exercise so your body will get exactly what it needs at exactly the right times. For those with special dietary restrictions, each recipe is flagged as dairy-free, freezer-friendly, gluten-free, paleo-friendly, and vegetarian or vegan-friendly.
Rocket Fuel offers:
- 126 recipe ideas for power-packed foods, snacks, and light meals including bowls, puddings, wraps, sandwiches, bites, balls, squares, bars, drinks, patties, cakes, stacks, drinks, smoothies, shakes, soups, muffins, sliders, pies, rolls, DIY energy shots, and all-natural sports drinks.
- 33 Before, 43 During, and 50 After Exercise recipes
- 79 dairy free, 85 gluten free, 76 vegetarian, and 33 paleo-friendly recipes
- Smart-yet-simple sports nutrition guideliness for before, during, and after exercise
- Complete nutrition facts for every recipe
What you eat for energy can make the difference between an epic day or a disappointment. Rocket Fuel makes it easy to power up for workouts, recharge during halftime, or stay energized on the trail.
Matt Kadey is a James Beard Award-winning food journalist, registered dietitian, and recipe developer. He has written for top health/fitness and sports magazines. Kadey holds a masters degree in sports nutrition and is the author of Muffin Tin Chef and The No-Cook, No-Bake Cookbook.