A Novel of Ghosts and Haunting
Other Editions of This Title:
Digital Audiobook (2/15/2021)
"A page-turning breakneck-speed horror story " ★★★★★ A dark fraternity pursues Jim Hook when he enrolls at Harrow Academy, awakening its buried horrors and occult mysteries in Book 2 of the Harrow series. **Get all the Harrow novels: Nightmare House, Mischief, The Infinite and The Abandoned.** Harrow has waited for years...
The mansion looms above the Hudson River, just outside the town of Watch Point, New York. Converted into a school for boys, its evil has remained dormant for many years. But when a boy named Jim Hook enters Harrow Academy, all hell breaks loose - and his worst nightmare may just come true "Clegg is the best horror writer of the post-Stephen King generation."- Bentley Little, bestselling author of The Haunted and The House. "Clegg's stories can chill the spine so effectively that the reader should keep paramedics on standby." - Dean Koontz, New York Times bestselling author of Phantoms The Harrow Series:
Harrow is a place of infinite hauntings -- and horror.
- Book #1, Nightmare House - set at Harrow in the 1920s, the grandson of its creator has come to claim his deadly inheritance and explore the terrifying mystery within the ancient stones and passages of the house.
- #2, Mischief - Boys will be boys -- and a dark fraternity of misfits seek out Jim Hook, the new student at Harrow Academy -- but something more terrifying is hunting Jim, as well.
- #3, The Infinite - A handful of psychic investigators are called in to document the horrors of Harrow -- but little do they know that the house is more than simply a haunted place -- it is the soul of evil itself.
- #4, The Abandoned -- In the village of Watch Point, New York, in the bucolic Hudson Valley, something toxic and horrifying has leaked from the old boarded-up mansion called Harrow. Throughout the town, people who sleep awaken with blood-lust in their hearts -- and hatchets in their fists. A rampage of mayhem, murder and madness begins -- and only those brave enough to enter Harrow may find a way to stop the terror.
- Necromancer - set in the 1800s, this is the story of the young Justin Gravesend and his initiation into a terrifying mystery cult.
- Isis - set right at the end of the 1800s, the story of the young Iris Villiers when she discovers the terrible price that must be paid to speak with the dead.
"Douglas Clegg knows exactly what scares us, and he knows just how to twist those fears into hair-raising chills..." - Tess Gerritsen, New York Times bestselling author of the Rizzoli & Isles series. "Clegg delivers "- John Saul, bestselling author of Faces of Fear and The Devil's Labyrinth. "Douglas Clegg has become the new star in horror fiction."- Peter Straubauthor of Lost Boy, Lost Girl and the NY Times Bestseller Black House (with Stephen King) "Clegg is one of the best "- Richard Laymon "Douglas Clegg is a weaver of nightmares "- Robert R. McCammon.
Alkemara Press, 9781944668440, 326pp.
Publication Date: February 18, 2020