Mathematics Assessment and Intervention in a Plc at Work(tm) (Paperback)
(research-Based Math Assessment and Rti Model (Mtss) Interventions) (Every Student Can Learn Mathematics)
Solution Tree, 9781945349973, 136pp.
Publication Date: February 19, 2018
Part of the Every Student Can Learn Mathematics series
Harness the power of formative assessment processes within an RTI model (MTSS) to inspire student learning in mathematics. This user-friendly resource is divided into two parts, each covering a key team action for mathematics in a PLC at Work(TM). First you'll learn how to develop high-quality common assessments. Then discover how to use the mathematics assessments for formative student learning and intervention. The book features unit samples for learning standards, sample unit exams, student performance trackers, and more.
Improve your math assessment methods using RTI Tier 2 interventions and PLC processes as a guide:
- Explore an assessment model for writing quality common assessments.
- Utilize RTI Tier 2 intervention strategies for effectively responding to student learning.
- Make sense of the grade-level content standards and corresponding tasks.
- Learn how to write quality common unit assessments and score them accurately.
- Determine how students can reflect and set performance goals using common unit assessment results.
- Develop a Tier 2 RTI math intervention program to support student learning.
Part 1: Team Action 1 -- Develop High-Quality Common Assessments for the Agreed-On Essential Learning Standards
Chapter 1: The Purpose and Benefit of Common Mathematics Assessments
Chapter 2: Quality Common Mathematics Unit Assessments
Chapter 3: Sample Common Mathematics Unit Assessments and Collaborative Scoring Agreements
Part 2: Team Action 2 -- Use Common Unit Assessments for Formative Student Learning and Intervention
Chapter 4: Quality of Mathematics Assessment Feedback Processes
Chapter 5: Team Response to Student Learning Using Tier 2 Mathematics Intervention Criteria
Chapter 6: Student Action on Assessment Feedback During the Unit
References and Resources
Books in the Every Student Can Learn Mathematics series:
- Mathematics Assessment and Intervention in a PLC at Work(TM)
- Mathematics Instruction and Tasks in a PLC at Work(TM)
- Mathematics Homework and Grading in a PLC at Work(TM)
- Mathematics Coaching and Collaboration in a PLC at Work(TM)