What Would You Do? (Paperback)
81 Philosophical Dilemmas for Discussion and Expansion
Alphabet Publishing, 9781948492256, 244pp.
Publication Date: March 7, 2019
What what you do if your best friend had a body odor problem?
Would you tell them directly, indirectly, have someone talk to them, or something else?
What if your smelly friend was also your secret crush? Does it matter if it's a boy or a girl?
Have you ever been in this situation before? Is good hygiene important to you?
What Would You Do? by Taylor Sapp is more than just a collection of 81 tricky hypothetical situations. Each dilemma includes suggested solutions, variations, and extension activities so they're easy to adapt to your students and your classroom.
Use them as thoughtful and engaging warmers, fillers, or as the start of a class discussion, or even pre-writing. Follow them up with one of the writing assignments or a project from the 16 games and activities in the appendix.
Unlike other quick conversation prompts, the dilemmas in What Would You Do? cover a wide variety of topics, for a range of ages and levels of English, such as:
- everyday problems: What if you had a friend who was always late?
- fun situations: What skill would you want instantly downloaded to your brain?
- ethical issues: Would you let someone steal to feed their family?
- fantasy: What if a wizard anointed you the chosen one?
- topical social issues: Would you hire a qualified undocumented immigrant?
Engaging, flexible, fun. What Would You Do? is your students' new favorite activity