Introducing Rob (Paperback)
Has Lola found Mr. Right?
Alphabet Publishing, 9781948492430, 42pp.
Publication Date: February 11, 2019
These scripts will give students the opportunity to confidently practise language in a safe and structured setting where they can enjoy playing roles and bringing the story to life. ... they'll be having so much fun that they won't even realise that they are learning
--David Farmer, NILE training consultant, theatre director, and author
Dedicated careerwoman, Lola, thrills her family when she brings home a boyfriend. But when they meet him, they realize something is wrong with Mr. Right. This engaging and suspenseful comedy will get students talking about how we choose our partners and how well they should get along with our family. However, this play was written for English students to improve their communication and speaking skills.
As students read, practice, and perform these plays, they will learn:
- communication in cultural contexts
- conversational moves, such as sharing feelings and expressing empathy
- use of intonation and body language
- high frequency lexical phrases and grammar patterns
Short enough for a project in a speaking class, but expandable to fill a whole elective class, drama unit, or theater club production, Introducing Rob makes drama in the classroom a good thing
About the Play
- 5 characters, 5 scenes, about 15 minutes to perform.
- Language of the play is graded to A2+/B1 (intermediate) level, although the demands of performance may be higher
In addition to the script, this book contains:
- Preview activities
- Pragmatics lesson on answering a false accusation
- Advice on producing a play
- Pronunciation tips
- Glossary of theater vocabulary