The Power of Main Street Americans to Change Our Economy
In 2018, only 2.2% of venture capital went to women-led start-ups; less than 1% to Black entrepreneurs. The American Dream of achieving prosperity through hard work and initiative has remained elusive for women, people of color, social entrepreneurs, and others marginalized by a system designed ages ago by White men of privilege. Until now.
In Moving Mountains: The Power of Main Street Americans to Change Our Economy, Janice Shade uses storytelling and humor to deliver illuminating facts and practical tips. An entrepreneur and ﬁnancial innovator since 2006, Janice lays out alternative ﬁnancing opportunities for both entrepreneurs and citizen investors. In these pages youʼll ﬁnd:
- stories of women entrepreneurs and their quests for capital
- a history and expos of the inequities of our start-up capital markets
- evaluation of crowdfundingʼs past, present, and future potential
- sneak peaks at the latest innovations in community-sourced capital
- steps you can take today to align your money with your values
If youʼre disenchanted with Wall Street and the current money system that perpetuates the concentration of wealth among the few, this book is for you. Itʼs meant to inspire and shed light on the emerging possibility to create economic justice for all.
Onion River Press, 9781949066371, 224pp.
Publication Date: March 3, 2020