Five Let's GO! Books 3 (Paperback)
Systematic Decodable Books Help Anyone, including Folks with Dyslexia, Learn to Read with Phonics
Dog on a Log Books, 9781949471083, 108pp.
Publication Date: October 12, 2017
Finally, a delightful book series that helps kids learn phonics rules step by step. Fun books designed for anyone learning to read with phonics, especially learners with dyslexia. Start anywhere in the series, according to your child's reading level. All DOG ON A LOG Books follow a Structure Literacy/Orton-Gillingham based phonics sequence. Gameboards, flashcards, and other activities can be downloaded from www.dogonalogbooks.com.
Let's GO Books have less text than the same title Chapter Book.
This volume is the five books in Step 3 of the DOG ON A LOG Let's GO book series.
The books are:
Mr. Bing Has Hen Dots
The Junk Lot Cat
Bonk Punk Hot Rod
The Ship With Wings
The Sub In The Fish Tank
a, are, be, could, does, from, go, goes, has, have, he, her, here, his, I, into, is, like, likes, me, Mr., Mrs., my, of, put, puts, says, see, sees, she, should, the, there, they, to, wants, was, we, what, would, you, your
Each book has about 125-160 words
Decodable books let a learner who has been taught the phonics rules and sight words in that book sound them out and read them. These are systematic books because each Step of books build on the skills practiced in the prior Steps.
Most kids who read DOG ON A LOG Books are proud that they can finally read a book without so much frustration.
Cream colored paper, 22 point Verdana font (one of the most dyslexia-friendly fonts)
DOG ON A LOG Books Phonics Progression
- Consonants, primary sounds
- Short vowels
- Digraphs: ch, sh, th, wh, ck
- 2 and 3 sound words
- Possessive 's
- Bonus letters (f, l,'s, z after short vowel)
- -s suffix
- Letter Buddies: ang, ing, ong, ung, ank, ink, onk, unk
- Consonant Blends to make 4 sound words
- 3 and 4 sound words ending in -lk, -sk
- Digraph blends -nch to make 3 and 4 sound words
- Silent e, including "-ke"
- Exception words containing: ild, old, olt, ind, ost
- 5 sounds in a closed syllable word plus suffix -s (crunch, slumps)
- 3 letter blends and up to 6 sounds in a closed syllable word (script, spring)
- Two syllable words with 2 closed syllables, not blends (sunset, chicken, unlock)
- Two syllable words with all previously introduced sounds including blends, exception words, and silent "e" (blacksmith, kindness, inside)
- Vowel digraphs: ai, ay, ea, ee, ie, oa, oe (rain, play, beach, tree, pie, goat, toe)