The Sub In The Fish Tank Chapter Book (Paperback)
Systematic Decodable Books Help Developing Readers, including Those with Dyslexia, Learn to Read with Phonics
Dog on a Log Books, 9781949471250, 44pp.
Publication Date: October 16, 2017
Finally, a delightful book series that helps kids learn phonics rules step by step. Fun books designed for anyone learning to read with phonics, especially learners with dyslexia. Start anywhere in the series, according to your child's reading level. All DOG ON A LOG Books follow a Structured Literacy/Orton-Gillingham based phonics sequence. Gameboards, flashcards, and other activities can be downloaded from www.dogonalogbooks.com.
The sub hits the rock. Han and Jill fall in
the sub. The sub sinks in the fish tank.
"Can you fix it?" Jill says.
"If you will do it with me," Han says.
a, are, be, could, do, does, for, from, go, goes, has, have, he, her, his, I, into, like, likes, me, of, OK, or, says, see, sees, she, should, their, there, they, to, want, what, where, would, you
About 930 words
This is a Step 3 Chapter book.
Decodable books let a learner who has been taught the phonics rules and sight words in that book sound them out and read them. These are systematic books because each Step of books build on the skills practiced in the prior Steps.
Most kids who read DOG ON A LOG Books are proud that they can finally read a book without so much frustration.
Cream colored paper, 22 point Verdana font (one of the most dyslexia-friendly fonts)
DOG ON A LOG Phonics Progression
- Consonants, primary sounds
- Short vowels
- Digraphs: ch, sh, th, wh, ck
- 2 and 3 sound words
- Possessive 's
- Bonus letters (f, l,'s, z after short vowel)
- -s suffix
- Letter Buddies: ang, ing, ong, ung, ank, ink, onk, unk
- Consonant Blends to make 4 sound words
- 3 and 4 sound words ending in -lk, -sk
- Digraph blends -nch to make 3 and 4 sound words
- Silent e, including "-ke"
- Exception words containing: ild, old, olt, ind, ost
- 5 sounds in a closed syllable word plus suffix -s (crunch, slumps)
- 3 letter blends and up to 6 sounds in a closed syllable word (script, spring)
- Two syllable words with 2 closed syllables, not blends (sunset, chicken, unlock)
- Two syllable words with all previously introduced sounds including blends, exception words, and silent "e" (blacksmith, kindness, inside)
- Vowel digraphs: ai, ay, ea, ee, ie, oa, oe (rain, play, beach, tree, pie, goat, toe)
WATCH FOR MORE STEPS AND BOOKS COMING SOON