Exploring Dark Short Fiction #1
A Primer to Steve Rasnic Tem
Other Editions of This Title:
For over four decades, Steve Rasnic Tem has been an acclaimed author of horror, weird, and sentimental fiction. Hailed by Publishers Weekly as "A perfect balance between the bizarre and the straight-forward" and Library Journal as "One of the most distinctive voices in imaginative literature," Steve Rasnic Tem has been read and cherished the world over for his affecting, genre-crossing tales.
Dark Moon Books and editor Eric J. Guignard bring you this introduction to his work, the first in a series of primers exploring modern masters of literary dark short fiction. Herein is a chance to discover-or learn more of-the rich voice of Steve Rasnic Tem, as beautifully illustrated by artist Michelle Prebich.
Included within these pages are:
- Six short stories, one written exclusively for this book - Author interview - Complete bibliography - Academic commentary by Michael Arnzen, PhD (former humanities chair and professor of the year, Seton Hill University) - ... and more
Enter this doorway to the vast and fantastic: Get to know Steve Rasnic Tem.
Table of Contents includes:
- Introduction by Eric J. Guignard
- Steve Rasnic Tem: A Biography
- Hungry (fiction)
- Hungry: A Commentary
- The Last Moments Before Bed (fiction)
- The Last Moments Before Bed: A Commentary
- In These Final Days of Sales (fiction)
- In These Final Days of Sales: A Commentary
- The Giveaway (fiction)
- The Giveaway: A Commentary
- Rat Catcher (fiction)
- Rat Catcher: A Commentary
- Whatever You Want (fiction)
- Whatever You Want: A Commentary
- Why Steve Rasnic Tem Matters by Michael Arnzen, PhD
- In Conversation with Steve Rasnic Tem
- The Subject Matter of Horror: An Essay by Steve Rasnic Tem
- A Bibliography of English Language Fiction for Steve Rasnic Tem
Dark Moon Books, 9781949491081, 226pp.
Publication Date: December 27, 2018