Connecting Instruction to Student Values (Integrate Social-Emotional Learning Into Academic Instruction)
Fully prepare students to live fulfilling lives by making their learning meaningful. In Two-for-One Teaching, authors Lauren Porosoff and Jonathan Weinstein outline how to seamlessly incorporate social-emotional learning into academic classrooms. Empower students to discover what matters to them using protocols and strategies derived from contextual behavioral science to promote student agency, inclusivity, collaboration, engagement, and motivation.
Rely on this resource for meaningful learning in the classroom:
- Develop an understanding of what values are, how they impact the way we live, and the need for students to choose and live their own values.
- Understand how to develop a classroom culture of willingness and encourage student empowerment.
- Help students approach academic work in ways that align with their values.
- Explore ways to integrate values exploration into student learning throughout instructional units in any discipline.
- Receive numerous customizable protocols rooted in scientific and behavioral research that simultaneously facilitate academic and social-emotional growth.
Introduction: Valuing Student Values
Part I: Foundations
Chapter 1: Creating a Culture of Willingness
Chapter 2: Using the Science of Empowerment
Part II: Protocols
Chapter 3: Protocols to Prepare for Learning
Chapter 4: Protocols to Explore New Material
Chapter 5: Protocols to Review the Material
Chapter 6: Protocols to Create Work Product
Chapter 7: Protocols to Refine Work Product
Chapter 8: Protocols to Reflect on Learning
Conclusion: Create Learning Moments That Matter
References and Resources
Solution Tree, 9781949539332, 248pp.
Publication Date: August 2, 2019