How to Write a Series
A Guide to Series Types and Structure plus Troubleshooting Tips and Marketing Tactics
Struggling to structure your book series?
Learn how to make a series work for you: increase reader engagement and take advantage of the built-in marketing potential a series gives you.
Are you unsure which series structure is best for you? Or are you several books into a series, but you're stuck? Do you want to expand your literary universe but aren't sure how to do it? Perhaps you have a series languishing in your backlist, and you need ideas on how to market it.
Get the knowledge you need to make smart decisions about your series with How to Write a Series.
- The three basic types of series
- The benefits and drawbacks of writing each type of series
- Tips for extending your series beyond your original plan
- Ideas for creating spinoffs and expanding your literary universe
- How to know when it's time to end a series
- How to save time writing your series and how to keep track of details
- How to deal with the problems that result from being locked into a story world
- How to refresh your interest in a series if you've grown bored
- Creative ways to market your series
I've been writing for fifteen years as both a hybrid and independent author. I've published over twenty-five fiction books in four different series. Everything I've learned about writing a series has been through trial and error. I hope my lessons-learned will give you a shortcut when it comes to writing your series, plus tips for troubleshooting problems, and ideas for promoting your series.
Unlock the power of a series in your author career with How To Write a Series.
McGuffin Ink, 9781950054329, 154pp.
Publication Date: January 21, 2020