The Jesus Music
A Visual Story of Redemption as Told by Those Who Lived It
The Jesus Music explores the history, evolution, and redemptive thread of Contemporary Christian music over the last fifty years as it spans the convergence of rock and roll, country, and gospel music. As CCM grows, readers will see California artists as much a part of hippie culture as Christian culture, religious-focused bands and songs denounced by some church leaders of the day, and best-selling artists who rose, and sometimes fell from fame, as they journey through the music and experience the often delicate balances between faith, fame, mission, and humanity as they relate to Christian music.
The notable voices of Amy Grant, Michael W. Smith, Kirk Franklin, and TobyMac, as well as the stories of dozens of additional Christian artists, will hit all the right notes and explore:
- The roots of the movement, spanning from Elvis Presley and Johnny Cash to Switchfoot, Chris Tomlin, Hillsong United, and beyond.
- The stories of pioneers in the genre, including Larry Norman, Lovesong, and Stryper
- Insights into how history, culture, and technology shaped the Contemporary Christian music we hear on the radio today.
- Examples of God's steadfast love as He uses artists despite their human mistakes and shortcomings.
- How the message of the music transforms lives and has impact beyond artistic expression.
The Jesus Music is perfect for anyone looking to explore the history of the genre and discover how God can use us despite our flaws to impact the world.
K-LOVE, 9781954201125, 208pp.
Publication Date: October 5, 2021