The Missing Method for Guitar (Paperback)
Createspace Independent Publishing Platform, 9781974170876, 234pp.
Publication Date: September 8, 2017
Book four in this series contains two books in one It's your step-by-step guide for learning how to read guitar music by combining positions 1 and 5 as well as positions 5 and 9, giving you a complete picture of the fretboard.
Over 200 pages of lessons, exercises, scales, songs, and moreGuided Lessons on Your Schedule
Over the past 20 years, Christian J. Triola has taught hundreds of students to play guitar. With a Master's Degree in Education and a Bachelor's Degree in Music (Jazz Studies), he has used this knowledge and experience to create a focused note reading series that gives you plenty to practice without making you feel overwhelmed or intimidated. And in the end, you'll be a better musician for it.What You'll Learn in Book 4:
- How to read notes by crossing over the open and fifth positions
- How to read notes by crossing over the fifth and ninth positions
- Continue to solidify your rhythm skills
- Practice and Play in every key
- Reading in minor keys, including relative, melodic, harmonic, and jazz-melodic minors
- A review of open, fifth, and ninth positions
- Practice changing keys within a song
- Audio files so you can hear each practice song and exercise
No other method book covers virtually the entire neck like this one does. Not only do you learn the two crossover positions, but it also contains a full review of the open, fifth, and ninth positions The first section focuses on connecting positions 1 and 5 together, resulting in the first crossover position. This features all 12 keys, plus their relative, melodic, and harmonic minors. Then later in the book, the second section connects the 5th and 9th positions, again going through all 12 keys, plus their relative, melodic, and harmonic minors.
With clear explanations and ample practice exercises, The Missing Method for Guitar Note Reading Series Book 4 gives you everything you need to become fluid in playing across the neck from frets 1-12 Use this book in conjunction with other method books, by itself, with a teacher, or on your own.Get Started Today
Join the legions of guitar players who've already started reading standard notation with The Missing Method Scroll up to order your copy and start mastering your instrument today
Already know how to read most of the fretboard? Then be sure to complete your knowledge with Book 5 in the Missing Method for Guitar Note Reading Series and take your music reading skills into the highest regions of the neck: frets 12-20
*Need a left-handed copy? We have that too Search: The Missing Method for Guitar, Book 4 Left-Handed Edition: Note Reading in the Crossover Positions.Explore the Note Reading series:
- The Missing Method for Guitar Note Reading Series Book 1: Learn to read frets 0-4
- The Missing Method for Guitar Note Reading Series Book 2: Learn to read frets 5-9
- The Missing Method for Guitar Note Reading Series Book 4: Learn cross over positions
- The Missing Method for Guitar Note Reading Series Book 5: Learn frets 12-22
- The Guitar Chord Master Series: Learn open chords (level 1), how to use a capo (level 2), and power chords (level 3).
- Technique Master Series: Learn basic fret-hand technique with Technique Master and learn the pentatonic scale with Pentatonic Master.