How to Nail Product Positioning so Customers Get It, Buy It, Love It
You know your product is awesome--but does anybody else? Forget everything you thought you knew about positioning. Successfully connecting your product with consumers isn't a matter of following trends, comparing yourself to the competition or trying to attract the widest customer base.
So what is it? April Dunford, positioning guru and tech exec, will enlighten you.
Her new book, Obviously Awesome, shows you how to find your product's "secret sauce"--and then sell that sauce to those who crave it. Having spent years as a startup executive (with 16 product launches under her belt) and a consultant (who's worked on dozens more), Dunford speaks with authority about breaking through the noise of a crowded market.
Punctuated with witty anecdotes and compelling case studies, Dunford's book is at once entertaining and illuminating. Among the invaluable lessons you'll learn are:
- The Five Components of Effective Positioning
- How to instantly connect an audience to your offering's value
- How to choose the best market for your products
- How to use three distinct styles of positioning to your advantage
- How to leverage market trends to help buyers understand why making a purchase is important right now
Whether you're an entrepreneur, marketer or salesperson struggling to bring inventive products to market, Dunford's insights will help you find your awesome, so that your customers can too.
Ambient Press, 9781999023003, 202pp.
Publication Date: May 14, 2019