Japanese for Travelers Phrasebook & Dictionary (Paperback)
Useful Phrases + Travel Tips + Etiquette + Manga
Tuttle Publishing, 9784805313480, 192pp.
Publication Date: August 15, 2017
List Price: 9.95*
* Individual store prices may vary.
This travel-sized 4 x 7 inch book is a combination Japanese phrasebook, Japanese travel guide and Japanese etiquette guide. Packed with expressions and information for every travel situation, Japanese for Travelers Phrasebook & Dictionary helps you to get around and communicate more effectively during your time in Japan. This book includes hundreds of tips and phrases for the following situations:
- Meeting people
- Asking directions
- Shopping and asking about prices
- Ordering food and drinks
- Getting connected to the Internet
- Taking a subway, bus or taxi
- Asking for help
- Daily conversations
- New manga illustrations
- New phrases for technology, checking in for a flight, baggage claim and more
- Japanese script and Romaji have been added for all phrases
- Suggestions for downloading useful apps to make travel around Japan easier
About the Author
Scott Rutherford is an experienced travel writer and editor with several books on Pacific locations to his credit. William M. Matsuzaki has been a Japanese teacher for the last 15 years. He received his BA in Japanese from Carlton College and an MSEd in Technology Education and a doctorate in education from Johns Hopkins. He is the author of several Tuttle titles like Let's Learn Japanese and Japanese Hiragana and Katakana Language Practice Pad.