Essential Japanese Kanji Volume 2
(jlpt Level N4 / AP Exam Prep) Learn the Essential Kanji Characters Needed for Everyday Interactions in Japan
* Individual store prices may vary.
Other Editions of This Title:
Essential Japanese Kanji, Volume 2 is an easy approach to learning the most basic kanji encountered in everyday situations in Japan.
This new edition has been repackaged in a more compact, value-for-money size while losing none of the content that has made it a long-selling favorite. Key features of Essential Japanese Kanji
- Introductory quizzes to introduce everyday situations in which the Kanji are used
- A vocabulary section to help you understand the readings and meanings of each Kanji
- New character charts presenting all the Kanji clearly and systematically
- Definitions, readings, stroke orders and compounds for each character
- Practice sections help you to improve your skills
- Advanced Placement Exam practice questions follow the format of the College Board exam
Everyday tasks like finding a street address or buying a train ticket in Japan require a basic working knowledge of kanji--the Japanese system of writing based on Chinese characters. Essential Japanese Kanji
teaches you the kanji you'll actually need in everyday situations in lessons prepared by teachers from the prestigious University of Tokyo.
Tuttle Publishing, 9784805313794, 224pp.
Publication Date: January 17, 2017
About the Author
The Kanji Text Research Group at Tokyo University is made up of teachers whose focus is teaching the Japanese language to foreign students. They have spent more than two decades developing the most effective methods to help beginning learners of Japanese grasp the kanji. The group is part of Tokyo University's prestigious Graduate School of Engineering, which accepts and trains a sizable number of foreign post-graduate students each year from around the world.