Japan Traveler's Companion (Hardcover)
Japan's Most Famous Sights from Okinawa to Hokkaido
Tuttle Publishing, 9784805313886, 144pp.
Publication Date: November 14, 2017
List Price: 16.95*
* Individual store prices may vary.
*Winner of The North American Travel Journalists Association's Excellence in Travel Journalism Award* Japan mesmerizes and bewilders the visitor in equal measure, making a top-notch travel guide essential for anyone planning a trip to the land of the rising sun. Rob Goss is an award-winning Japan travel writer who has lived in the country for years. From fast-paced Tokyo to the serene temples and gardens of Kyoto to the booming winter resort of Niseko, Goss shows visitors where to experience the country's rich culinary traditions, pop culture, Samurai heritage, and so much more. Delving beyond the scope of traditional guidebooks, Japan Traveler's Companion showcases the insider's Japan, offering detailed itineraries for each region as well as:
- Information on the country's 100 most important tourist sights, including 22 UNESCO World Heritage Sites
- Illustrated introductions to Japanese cuisine, popular culture, and Samurai history
- A map of each region with suggested walks
- Tips for getting off the beaten path and finding Japan's lesser-known treasures, such as the contemporary "art island" of Naoshim and Yakushima's breathtaking flora and fauna
About the Author
Rob Goss is an award-winning British writer and long-term Tokyo resident focusing on Japan, travel writing, and creative writing that ranges from short fiction to short-form poetry. Japan: a Traveler's Companion is Rob's fifth book with Tuttle. His others include the NATJA award-winning guidebooks Tuttle Travel Pack: Japan and Tokyo: Capital of Cool. Rob has also contributed to books for Fodor's, Insight Guides, Dorling Kindersley and Rough Guides, as well as for magazines including Time, National Geographic Traveler and 100 other publications around the globe.