Japanese Inns and Hot Springs (Paperback)
A Guide to Japan's Best Ryokan & Onsen
Tuttle Publishing, 9784805313923, 240pp.
Publication Date: November 14, 2017
List Price: 16.95*
* Individual store prices may vary.
*Winner of The North American Travel Journalists Association's Excellence in Travel Journalism Award* Richly illustrated and exhaustively researched, Japanese Inns & Hot Springs is the definitive guide to Japanese spas and hot springs known as ryokans. It presents the finest ryokans in Japan, from historic properties like Hiiragiya in Kyoto and Kikkaso in Hakone to luxury retreats like Zaborin in Hokkaido and Tenku-no-Mori in Kyushu. In this Japan travel guide you will find:
- The 40 best Japanese ryokan and onsens for English-speaking visitors (including 13 in the Tokyo area and 11 in and around Kyoto and Nara)
- A description of the special features of each ryokan and what is included in your stay
- Tips on how to choose the right ryokan for you
- Practical advice on how to book a stay and a detailed etiquette guide
About the Author
Rob Goss is an award-winning British writer and long-term Tokyo resident focusing on Japan, travel writing, and creative writing that ranges from short fiction to short-form poetry. His books include the NATJA award-winning guidebooks Tuttle Travel Pack: Japan, Tokyo: Capital of Cool and Japan: a Traveler's Companion. Rob has also contributed to books for Fodors, Insight Guides, Dorling Kindersley and Rough Guides, as well as for magazines including Time, National Geographic Traveler and 100 other publications around the globe.