The Complete Guide to Super-Mini Bonsai
List Price: 16.95*
* Individual store prices may vary.
This step-by-step bonsai book shows you how to craft super mini bonsai--the smallest form of bonsai Miniature Bonsai reveals the Japanese art of super-mini bonsai gardening. As rewarding as full-scale bonsai cultivation is, mini bonsai is affordable, straightforward to learn and kind to your busy schedule. It's a complete gardening experience--a plant raised from seed or cutting, carefully potted, grown and maintained over time--a world of green in a pot no bigger than a demitasse or a thimble. From mixing the right growing medium to choosing the perfect pot to displaying your mini bonsai, this Japanese gardening book gives you basic techniques and valuable tips to help you grow miniature:
- flowering trees
- and other varieties of tiny trees and potted plants that are readily available and last for years
- Select plants that thrive as mini bonsai
- Work with seeds and small cuttings
- Match the right plant to the right pot
- Buy and prepare the growing medium
- Maintain and drain your miniature bonsai
- Display and enjoy your prized bonsai plants
- And much more
Tuttle Publishing, 9784805314388, 80pp.
Publication Date: August 1, 2017
About the Author
Terutoshi Iwai is the Bonsai researcher and instructor who first developed the idea of creating super-small Bonsai just a few inches tall, which anyone can grow and enjoy at home. His work has been universally acclaimed for its charm and accessibility--and his "super-mini" Bonsai are now popular worldwide. Iwai teaches the art of miniature bonsai cultivation in cultural centers throughout Japan as well as through his blog. He frequently participates in events designed to broaden the understanding of Bonsai cultivation for enthusiasts.