Fantastic Origami Flying Creatures
24 Amazing Paper Models
List Price: 19.99*
* Individual store prices may vary.
Japanese origami expert Hisao Fukui shows you how to create incredibly realistic paper birds and flying insects, a winged dinosaur and even an undulating Chinese dragon The easy-to-follow folding instructions and photos in this book present 24 challenging and amazingly lifelike models--from intermediate to complex in terms of their level of difficulty. The 24 unique models in this book include:
- The Swan--The multilayered wings and body give this familiar model a major three-dimensional upgrade
- The Crane--Far from traditional, this crane rests on its built-in platform, and has an optional open wing configuration that can double as a fancy box
- Peacocks--One with tail feathers stowed neatly behind, and another with its tail fan proudly displayed
- The Swallow--Its distinctive bifurcated tail is on display in a kinetic diving pose
- The Crested Kingfisher--The artfully modeled eye of this hunter appears to be on the lookout for its next meal
- Stink Bug--there's nothing foul about this instantly recognizable shield-shaped insect model
- Beetles--A Horned Beetle with unfurled wings and a Rhinoceros Beetle with an intimidating spiky head
- Flying Chinese Dragon--Segmented and supple, this ancient symbol of power and good fortune is poised to pounce
- The Dragonfly--This incredibly detailed form is the most challenging model here, but the spectacular results are well worth the effort
- And many more
Tuttle Publishing, 9784805315798, 112pp.
Publication Date: July 28, 2020
About the Author
Hisao Fukui has been folding origami for half a century. He specializes in magnificently realistic animal models that capture the quintessential expressive elements of the originals. He is the author of four origami books that have been bestsellers in his native Japan, including Tuttle's forthcoming Fantastic Origami Sea Creatures.