Practical Balinese (Paperback)
A Communication Guide
Periplus Editions, 9789625930688, 138pp.
Publication Date: February 2, 2002
List Price: 4.95*
* Individual store prices may vary.
This is a handy, travel-sized Balinese phrase book with additional information about the Balinese language. As any seasoned traveler knows, the ability to communicate in the language of the country you are visiting makes a very big difference in the experiences you have. Even a basic grasp of a few essentials will help you to relate to the people, get where you want to go, pay the right prices, and get much more out of your visit. That's the reason for this book which is designed especially for travelers to Bali. The emphasis is on effective communication, not grammar rules or tourist phrases. It is organized to be as simple, concise, and useful as possibly. With this book and a few hours of practice you can start speaking Balinese. Key features of this Balinese phrasebook are:
- Very compact travel size.
- Hundreds of useful Balinese words and phrases.
- Arranged by topic and situation for easy use.
- Balinese grammar, pronunciation and body-language guides.
- A comparative history of the Balinese language and its relation to Indonesian.
- Balinese dictionary and appendix for easy reference.