Be a Part of the Story
View from a bookseller
Indie Next authors talk about their books...
B.A. Paris talks about her new book, BEHIND CLOSED DOORS, about which Stephanie Crowe (Page & Palette in Fairhope, AL) says: "Jack is charming and handsome, but underneath his cool exterior is a brutal psychopath who thrives on terrifying others. His wife, Grace, found out too late that he is a monster who seeks to control everything she does. Even her sister, Millie, a handicapped young woman who depends on Grace, is part of Jack’s vicious plan. Paris has crafted a riveting, intense tale that will keep readers on the edge of their seats until the last page.”
Indie Next around the web. . .
"Dark Matter is equal parts science fiction, thriller, and theoretical self-examination, complete with an overarching love story. Crouch does a fantastic job of keeping readers grounded while traveling through multiple dimensions, and he offers introspection on how each of the life choices a person makes recreates that person in a new and profound way. I tore through this, waiting for — and finding — a spectacular conclusion. A must-read!"
Why shop local and indie?
When you shop at a locally owned independent business, your entire community benefits:The Economy
- Spend $100 at a local and $52 of that stays in your community. Spend the same $100 at a national chain, and your community only sees $43.
- Local businesses create higher-paying jobs for our neighbors.
- More of your taxes are reinvested in your community--where they belong.
- Buying local means less packaging, less transportation, and a smaller carbon footprint.
- Shopping in a local business district means less infrastructure, less maintenance, and more money to beautify your community.
- Local retailers are your friends and neighbors—support them and they’ll support you.
- Local businesses donate to charities at more than twice the rate of national chains.
- More independents means more choice, more diversity, and a truly unique community.
Now is the time to stand up and join your fellow individuals in the IndieBound mission supporting local businesses and celebrating independents.