On the cover of this month's Indie Next list is, THE SON, the new novel from Philipp Meyer
View from a bookseller
Indie Next authors talk about their books...
NoViolet Bulawayo talkes about her powerful new novel, WE NEED NEW NAMES, about which Annie Philbrick from Bank Square Books in Mystic, CT says: "Bulawayo givers her character Darling an emotionally powerful voice while telling her story in such sparse and brilliantly crafted sentences, I had to put the book down just to savor the writing and take a break from the heartbreaking scenes of strife in Zimbabwe. . . This is a debut novel not to be missed!"
Indie Next around the web. . .
"TransAtlantic is a thoughtful and thought-provoking novel spanning the better part of two centuries. Weaving bits of history. . .with fictional players, McCann show us how the magic of the everyday is related to the momentous. Events circle around family stories overlap as personal history is passed from one generation to the next.”
". . .Hosseini's latest exquisite novel resembles a colorful tapestry, a seamlessly woven tale of sisters, brothers, mothers, and fathers, and the unbreakable bonds between them. The story of each character individually is compelling, but they are interconnected so beautifully that they burst with emotion."
Listen to an interview with the author: Siblings' Separation Haunts In 'Kite Runner' Author's Latest
Why shop Indie?
When you shop at an independently owned business, your entire community benefits:The Economy
- Spend $100 at a local and $68 of that stays in your community. Spend the same $100 at a national chain, and your community only sees $43.
- Local businesses create higher-paying jobs for our neighbors.
- More of your taxes are reinvested in your community--where they belong.
- Buying local means less packaging, less transportation, and a smaller carbon footprint.
- Shopping in a local business district means less infrastructure, less maintenance, and more money to beautify your community.
- Local retailers are your friends and neighbors—support them and they’ll support you.
- Local businesses donate to charities at more than twice the rate of national chains.
- More independents means more choice, more diversity, and a truly unique community.
Now is the time to stand up and join your fellow individuals in the IndieBound mission supporting local businesses and celebrating independents.