On the cover of this month's Indie Next list is THE OREGON TRAIL: A New American Journey, by Rinker Buck
View this month's complete Indie Next List.
View from a bookseller
Indie Next authors talk about their books...
Matthew Quick talks about the topic of his new book, LOVE MAY FAIL, about which Mary Laura Philpott from Parnassus Books in Nashville, TN says: “No one writes quite like Matthew Quick. If you loved The Silver Linings Playbook or The Good Luck of Right Now, you’ll love this, too; if Quick is new to you, Love May Fail is an excellent place to start. As in his other books, there is love, friendship, family, depression, addiction, and a mishmash of literary and musical references. With its all-new cast of quirky characters, Love May Fail should be in every beach bag this summer!”
Indie Next around the web. . .
“This is an amazingly complex novel that explores humanity, time, memory, communication, love, and the fear of losing what once was. Introducing five different narratives that at first seem unconnected, Hall creates a shimmering spiderweb of a story: delicately crafted, fragile, and infinitely beautiful, uncovering humanity’s most elusive and abstract thoughts.”
Why shop Indie?
When you shop at an independently owned business, your entire community benefits:The Economy
- Spend $100 at a local and $68 of that stays in your community. Spend the same $100 at a national chain, and your community only sees $43.
- Local businesses create higher-paying jobs for our neighbors.
- More of your taxes are reinvested in your community--where they belong.
- Buying local means less packaging, less transportation, and a smaller carbon footprint.
- Shopping in a local business district means less infrastructure, less maintenance, and more money to beautify your community.
- Local retailers are your friends and neighbors—support them and they’ll support you.
- Local businesses donate to charities at more than twice the rate of national chains.
- More independents means more choice, more diversity, and a truly unique community.
Now is the time to stand up and join your fellow individuals in the IndieBound mission supporting local businesses and celebrating independents.