On the cover of this month's Indie Next list is, A Constellation of Vital Phenomena, the debut novel from Anthony Marra
View from a bookseller
Indie Next authors talk about their books...
Watch booksellers talk abut David Rhodes' new novel, JEWELWEED, about which Karen Briggs from Great Northern Books & Hobbies in Oscoda, MI says: "Jewelweed, a plant that looks like little pieces of jewelry strung together on heavy green thread, is an apt description of the people of Words, all tied together and realizing the importance of community to their individual lives. You will not want to miss a word of Rhodes' magical, soul-felt novel"
Indie Next around the web. . .
"Fowler breathes fresh and vibrant life into a voice (Zelda Fitzgerald) that very much deserved to be heard on its own. Any lover of the art, literature, and culture of the Jazz Age will not be disappointed with this read.”
Listen to an interview with the author: 'Z' Tells The Fitzgeralds' Story From Zelda's Point Of View
"Snapper is a beautiful collection of related short stories from first-time author Kimberling.. . Bu turns melancholy and suspenseful, optimistic and rueful, Snapper is warm, endearing, and wise. You don't have to be a bird lover to spot the charm in this book."
Listen to an interview with the author: Exclusive First Read: 'Snapper' By Brian Kimberling
Why shop Indie?
When you shop at an independently owned business, your entire community benefits:The Economy
- Spend $100 at a local and $68 of that stays in your community. Spend the same $100 at a national chain, and your community only sees $43.
- Local businesses create higher-paying jobs for our neighbors.
- More of your taxes are reinvested in your community--where they belong.
- Buying local means less packaging, less transportation, and a smaller carbon footprint.
- Shopping in a local business district means less infrastructure, less maintenance, and more money to beautify your community.
- Local retailers are your friends and neighbors—support them and they’ll support you.
- Local businesses donate to charities at more than twice the rate of national chains.
- More independents means more choice, more diversity, and a truly unique community.
Now is the time to stand up and join your fellow individuals in the IndieBound mission supporting local businesses and celebrating independents.